- Insert Rescue Disk and boot server.
- At the first prompt type “linux rescue” and hit enter.
- Follow boot disk prompts to start networking. Enter the system’s ip address, netmask, gateway and name server.
- Continue with prompts until the root partition is mounted and you get a command prompt.
- Verify network configuration with ifconfig and route.
- Use the following commands to start sshd:
1234cd /mnt/sysimagechroot /mnt/sysimagemount /dev/pts/sbin/service sshd start
You should now be able to SSH into the server.