When you request a URL with no file name at the end like:
the web server consults a list of predefined “index” or “default” file names and returns the first matching file.
On Plesk 10 for Windows follow these steps to change the default index page list:
- Login to Plesk
- Drill-down to the control panel for the domain that you wish to change.
- Click on “Websites & Domains >> more” link.
- Click on “Show Advanced Operations” link.
- Click on “Virtual Directories” icon.
- Click “Directory Properties” icon.
- In the “Documents” section, find the “Default documents search order field”. From here you can add new default file names and change the order of precedence for the file names.
- When you’re finished making changes click the “OK” button at the bottom of the page.